Exeter High School
Tuesday Tidbits: Technology
September 12, 2017
by Sandy Blanc
Wow! It has been a VERY busy start to the school year! Thank you for being patient with the Tech Tidbits and all of the technology changes. Just a quick update on the Technology changes for this year...
- Uniflow Printing (and new printers in commons)
- Upgrade to PowerTeacher Pro 11 (Students can now see their grades on the website! Carrie is working on the Semester issue (not broken into quarters).
- New Hardware (SSD Drive and more RAM) in the teacher laptops
- Booked Scheduler- All day reservations (for mobile labs!)- (Teachers, please share the carts and know that chromebooks are coming on Thursday to freshman!)
- Over 400 chromebooks getting ready to be deployed to the Freshman class on Thursday during period 6 (current plan is to call down students by common areas during the period)!
- The Freshman that have signed both 1:1 forms, and their student ID, will be able to pick up their chromebooks during period 6 on Thursday.
1:1 Chromebooks: Freshman chromebooks are coming this week!
You can visit the 1:1 Chromebook Website here!
A few reminders for keeping the chromebook expectations consistent:
- Students are expected to bring their chromebooks home everyday to CHARGE them at night! Students will not be allowed to charge chromebooks during the school day.
- Teachers should establish a system of communicating appropriate times to use the chromebooks in the classroom. Terminology such as “Lids UP!” or “Lids Down” can be used, for example. You could also use a RED circle to indicate no chromebooks today, or a GREEN Circle for Chromebook usage that day. Making a routine of expectations will help students stay on track in the classroom!
- If a student forgets their chromebook at home, they will need to work with paper or pencil that day (or teacher's discretion to have them use the classroom desktop).
- If a student has a broken chromebook, they will need to fill out THIS google form, print it, and bring it to Ms. Vetter in the Library. Ms. Vetter will have loaner chromebooks for the student to sign out if necessary.
I will be sharing resources throughout the year for teachers that are geared toward success in the 1:1 classroom. Here is one to get you started!