Monday, January 8, 2018

Tuesday Tech Tidbits January 9, 2017

Exeter High School
Tuesday Tidbits:Technology
January 9, 2018

by Sandy Blanc

Technology Tips of the Week: Gmail RULES!

A few of you have asked me, “how can clean up my inbox in Gmail”? I took the “Zero Inbox Challenge”
(that is a made up thing, I think?) and tried it out myself. I found some great ways to safely remove clutter in my
inbox, without missing emails.
Here are some of the things I did to clean up my Gmail account:

  • Configured my Inbox to include a few more tabs- promotions, updates, forums, and social.
  • Created “Labels” (folders) to move some of the emails to a place I could save them (out of my Inbox).
  • Move Emails to Folders (out of Inbox)
  • Set Rules in Gmail to automate directions for emails coming to the inbox to either delete, go to a folder, or other. 

  • Deleted Emails by Sorting.
  • Add a variety of “stars” 










  • Unsubscribed to Junk Mail.             
WATCH THIS TUTORIAL to find out how to do these!  

Please add to the below list of technology tools (chrome extensions, websites, apps) that you are using
with the freshman chromebooks. I hope to make a great resource for staff!

No comments:

Post a Comment